As the principal of The STEAM Learning Center at Penn-Lincoln, I would like to welcome you to our school web site. Everyone involved in the education of our students including parents, teachers, support staff, and community partners all have an important role to in the STEAM Learning Center. An ancient African proverb states: “It takes a village to raise a child.” To us this proverb means that every person involved with our school community needs to help us to ensure that every child is well cared for, well educated, and well raised. We strongly believe that our vision and goals that we have established for The STEAM Learning Center at Penn-Lincoln will serve as the guiding force for everything we do on a daily basis.
The STEAM Learning Center at Penn-Lincoln Elementary provides a student-centered learning environment where students, families, staff, and community partners work together to ensure that all students are academically, socially, and emotionally successful through the utilization of an instructional and learning model focused on Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics.
All members of the Penn-Lincoln Community will:
- Work together to meet the academic and social/emotional needs of every student, every day leading to increased student achievement.
- Develop inquisitive, responsible, life-long learners while meeting students' diverse needs.
- Ensure students are provided real world learning opportunities that require problem solving both in the classroom and within the community through partnerships with the local businesses.
- Provide exposure and learning opportunities beyond our classrooms and our neighborhood through the use of STEAM education coupled with innovative technology.
- Collaborate with and create multiple opportunities to build and strengthen the relationship between families and school.
Mr. Erik Dambeck